Monday, December 19, 2016

Weeping, by Aaron

Have you ever been in the presence of the Lord, and the only thing you could do was cry? I was reading Luke chapter 7 starting at verse 37:

“A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.”

After reading this story I kept asking myself, what would my emotions be if I sat in the same room with Jesus our savior? I feel like I would be overcome by many emotions, including being scared (Proverbs 1:7), overcome with joy, peace, laughter, and a feeling of being loved just to name a few. I also know that I would be overcome with many tears as I stood at His feet. Some of the tears would be joyous; but mostly I would be thinking Lord, I am such a sinful man and I am not worthy to be in your presence.

The woman is “weeping” because she knows that she is a “sinful” woman, she is reaching out to the Lord for help. The woman knows that she is in the presence of the savior, and has nothing to offer the Lord to earn His trust. There are honestly some days when I feel the exact same way. I feel like sometimes I get into this busy funk, and begin to ignore my duties at home including spending time with my wife, son, and not spending enough time with the Father. When I finally “stop” to focus on Him, the first thing that happens is that I begin to weep. I begin to cry out to the father for all the sins I have committed, asking for forgiveness. All I want to do is wash my father’s feet and anoint my Father with perfume. He deserves so much more than that, but honestly that is all I can offer Him. Nothing I can do will “earn” His respect or love towards me. There is nothing I can do to gain my ticket to heaven. My initial feelings at times when I enter his presents is, “why do you love me, Lord?” “I do not deserve this love”.

As I stay in the presence of the Father, Revelation 21:4 so often comes to my mind: “He will wipe every tear from their eyes”. “There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain.” Jesus will wipe my tears away, not just some of my tears, but “every” tear from my eye. My favorite part of Luke 7 is the last verse: Jesus said to the women “Your faith has saved you; go in peace”. Jesus is saying that it does not matter who you are, what you look like, what SINS you have committed, He still loves you. All you have to do is believe in Him, and you will be saved. So, just as quick as the tears comes out of my eyes because He reveals Himself to me, Jesus wipes those tears away and says “Aaron your faith has saved you; go in peace my son.

God Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment