Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hungry of Full? By Jeremy

All too often life happens. I mean, we get busy with work and family, obligations and expectations, the usual stuff that makes everything flow. We have a machine going called life and it requires oil and gas, time and money. I have been challenged over and over in my own heart with where I am before the Lord.


Psalm 27:7 "A person who is full refuses honey, but even bitter food tastes sweet to the hungry."


I ran across this verse several years ago and it struck me as so very profound even though it is such a simple concept, such a simple thought. Those that are full are not interested in anything more no matter how sweet it is, but those that are hungry you could give them pickles and they would gladly devour them because it is something of substance. Yet, I feel like I have been in just this position in my own Christian life before.

When Jesus came He came for the sick, the hurting, the hungry. He did not come for those that thought they were ok, were good enough or had enough. In my own life Jesus often shows up in the unlikely places through unlikely people. He may even come through someone's correction for something I am doing wrong. So how full am I? Can I receive what is bitter? Can I receive something that even feels hard or difficult? Do I feel like I have enough of God already and so close myself off to more?

This has been a personal challenge and in many ways a prayer of mine over the last several years. I always want to be hungry for more of Jesus. I never want to get to the place where my own personal pride and arrogance make me feel like I have so much and I don't need any more. It is in that place that even the sweet things of God are refused. I always want to be open to anything the Lord has, either bitter or sweet, either hard or easy...I want to remain hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment