Sunday, November 5, 2017

He's a Good Good Father! by Aaron

I woke up this morning with so many thoughts swirling around in my mind. My wife is pregnant and our second child is supposed to be born in about six weeks. There is a great amount of excitement and joy that I have, but also I am very anxious and stressed about how much we need to do around the home before our second son comes. The other things I was thinking about were about work, things I need to do around my house, bills we need to pay and the list goes on. As I was stressing out about everything I decided to turn on some worship music (generally it means putting on the Shane and Shane station on my Pandora app). The first song that came on the radio was Good Good Father by Chris Tomlin.

Here are some of the lyrics to Good Good Father:

Oh, I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like
But I've heard the tender whispers of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

'cause you are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways

I felt like the Holy Spirit was saying, Aaron you need to talk to your Father who has been anxiously wait to hear from you. Once the song came on, I hopped out of bed and knelt on my knees beside the bed. I instantly just felt this overwhelming presence of the Lord and began to cry. As I closed my eyes I just kept envisioning that I was kneeling in the lap of Jesus. I kept telling Jesus to forgive me for all of my sins. I also kept telling God that He is a Good Good Father. I felt as if Jesus was giving me a hug and felt I needed to write this quick note.

As we start this new week I want to challenge every person that is reading this post. First, I want you to stop reading this post and thank God for creating you. I want you to thank God for being such a good Father. I want you to ask God to forgive you for the sins you committed this week (whether known or unknown). Next I want to challenge you for the next seven days to find a spot in your house where you can be alone, even if for only three minutes. I want you to grab a pillow (especially if you have painful knees like me), kneel on that pillow and tell the God He is a Good Good Father. Make that three minutes about Him only. Do not ask for requests at this time, just thank God and sit in His presence.

The peace I have after being in His presence and acknowledging His holiness is indescribable. This seems so simple to me, because I know that I should do this every day, but I find myself asking God for requests constantly. I’m not saying this is a bad thing because asking things of the Father is something He wants from us as well. The problem is I often forget the Father is such a powerful God and deserves to be praised and worshiped. Spending time by kneeling in His presence and telling Him that He is a good Father is something that He deserves from us. I hope you all have a blessed day and please go hang out with the Father. He is anxiously waiting for you TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment