Monday, October 2, 2017

Bathtubs and Soap Suds by Aaron

Currently my 3 year old son loves taking a bath. When I tell him each night (or every other night) that he is going to get a bath he starts jumping up and down, as he sprints up the steps. I try to fill the bathtub with as many soap suds as possible, otherwise he will say "daddy why are there no bubbles?" My wife and I decided early in marriage that when we had children that I would be the one to give them baths. Many nights I am really tired, and don't feel much like doing anything especially giving my son a bath. That all goes away when I see how excited he gets about playing with his toys in the tub and being with "daddy" for a few minutes.

This post is pretty simple to be honest. Think about how excited the Father gets when you set aside time to spend with Him. He is waiting patiently for you to take time out of your day to say hello to him. He is waiting for you to sprint upstairs when He tells you that he is running the bath water for you. That bath water could be a new job that he has waiting for you. That bath water can be peace that he has in waiting for you. That bath water could be blessings stored up for you that he wants to bless you and your family with. That bath water could be hope in a situation when you thought there is no more hope left. That bath water could just being in the presence of a good good Father (great song).

After I give my son a bath and rinse off all the soap suds from his body, I pick him up and wrap him in a towel as I hold close to keep him warm. The Father wants to wrap His loving arms around you. It doesn't matter what kind of sin you are involved in and how "dirty" you are. The Father is the only one who can truly wash away all the filth. He does not care what you look like, or how much money you have, or how much you have sinned in your life. He is willing and waiting anxiously to wash away those sins. We are so lucky to have a loving father like that.

As our busyness continues to grow and time seems to creep away from us; let us continue to make time for the Father. He is waiting patiently to bless us and clean away our filth. We need to confess those sins and ask the Father for forgiveness, so that we can be right with Him. I don't know about you but I'm ready to go take a bath. I'm getting tired of all this filthiness holding me back from the blessings the Father has for me. I'm going to let the Father wrap me in his arms. He is glad to do it for anyone that asks. Love you all and have a blessed day!!

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment