Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hello Fear, by Kenny


Me: Fear, fancy seeing you again.
Fear: You, know why I’m here.
Me: You, don’t need to remind me.
Fear: What’s the point? Why even try? What’s the score now? Fear 127 and it looks like you’re in the negative.
Me: I…

Fear cuts you off, not even giving a chance for a response

Fear: Look, I don’t think I need to remind you of your past. But...

Now Fear stands up and walks over to you. Gets in your face. Eye to eye. Nose to nose.

Fear: Know your place. Do not challenge me.

What do you do when you come face to face with the face of fear. How do you respond to fear’s intimidation tactics?

As you analyze your life and look at different encounters that you’ve had with fear:
Times when you deferred to take the game winning shot
Times you decided to go fishing instead of climbing the mountain
Times you decided to take an office chair instead of your place on the battlefield
Times when you decided that the safe way is the easiest way
Times when you decided to take the same path instead of making your own trail

I’m not passing judgment or trying to call anyone out. But at some point in time, we’ve all had the opportunity to respond to fear. What is your response? Do you even have one?

When look in the mirror each morning? What do you see? Do you know that you have what it takes? That you’re more than a conqueror meant to vanquish enemies in foreign lands?

There is an importance in being reminded of, who we are on a daily basis. Being reminded daily:

Romans 8:37, "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”

2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of sound mind.”

There’s a peace that I have in being reminded that there is nothing to fear. Fear is not in my DNA. Fear is not a response. Fear is a choice. The only question is how will you respond the next time that you come face to face with the enemy.

Will you already have your sword drawn in lieu of the enemy or will you be looking for your sword when the enemy comes?

Isaiah 41:10: “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

If God is asking you to join a generation of warriors that are supposed to have their sword drawn as their response, are you willing to accept that challenge? If God is asking you to fight a battle, that only you can fight, do you accept His invitation for His war?

No comments:

Post a Comment